Monday, May 31, 2010

Thing 21. Beyond MySpace: Other Social Networks








Gather - an outlet for a debate format on mostly single issues, MPRG is involved in this for its listeners.

Webjunction:

Webjunction: Webjunction looks great as a place to grow professionally. Maybe I'll use this as my next CQEP? It is an online community for library staff which helps staff incorporate technology into their media centers. Webjunction Minnesota is specific to us!

Ning : It looks like Ning is made for specific groups and needs to be more customized. There's one for Library 2.0. Also - I just found one for a teacher Librarian Ning which might be better for what I'm looking for. The Library 2.0 is so generic for public libraries and higher education libraries that a lot of the information doesn't pertain to my situation. When I visited the Teacher Librarian site, they have a webinar posting for June 7 about virtual authors which would be interesting to be a part of since we just did that at Northwinds on May 21st.

No comments: