Monday, May 31, 2010

#20 Libraries and Social Networks


Facebook is one of the social networks mentioned in Thing 20.
Name: Librarians and Facebook
Category: Organizations - Academic Organizations
Description: Discussion of how librarians are using Facebook to communicate with students, censorship issues, privacy issues, etc.
Privacy Type: Open: All content is public.
I can see where this might be useful to me but right now, I don't want to spend lots of time networking with others. I know my extended family is involved so if I want to see pictures of great nieces and nephews, I might have to succumb. I'm just afraid I'll be obsessive with the time it will take.
I viewed the short intro video and I guess I knew all that stuff already. I know libraries use Facebook too so they can reach their younger clientele.
I'm definetly not interested in My Space. If I were to do it all, I'd do Facebook.

No comments: