Saturday, January 3, 2009

#8 Share Your Creations

So, I'm marching on to new technology! This has been an eye-opener. So many opportunities are out on the web but with this, my focus is much more narrow so it saves me a lot of time to have the tasks geared to 23 things. Now, on with sharing on the web. The first group led me to see how presentations can be created - very similar to Power Point - and then shared on the network. I really looked into the Zoho Show. This one even had a chat bar so that you could be interacting with the audience or group while you are presenting. I thought this had interesting applications for education - especially through on-line learning or say for extra credit when kids tune in at night. Just brainstorming! I looked at Picture Trail also. Since I had spent so much time with Flickr, I didn't spend as much time with this one. I just explored the site and looked at some of the intro video and information. I could see a lot of uses for this one as well. The LazyBase was interesting because I've really only used Excel and here is something that's free on the web and more easily shared. I think it's cool how you can so easily share your work with others on the web. Also, efolio Minnesota was cool too but seemed more for secondary or higher ed or for professionals. Again, for an elementary media center, I'm not too sure about the application but I'm willing to be open to suggestions that would contribute to student learning and promote the scope and sequence.

No comments: