Friday, March 27, 2009

#9 On-line Collaboration Tools

I am finally getting to the Zoho documents. I emailed to be invited to edit the Declaration of Independence during winter break and after receiving word that I was invited to edit, I left this whole project while teaching took precedence. Don't you hate when that happens? Anyway, it's spring break right now and I'm finally getting back to the process. I love the idea of having multiple kids working collaboratively on a document. I think this has direct implications for teaching even at the elementary level. We are exploring Open Office for our elementary and also have had Google Docs mentioned so Zoho was another cool option to hear about. The actual editing posed some problems as I didn't get in to edit. I could see the document and the link from the email took me directly there but . . . couldn't change anything. I saw how to sign up but thought from the outline that I didn't need to sign in if I was invited. Anyway, I understand the concepts of both and I think this would be a really cool way of helping kids edit.

No comments: