Friday, March 27, 2009

Thing 11. Tagging and Del.icio.us

After playing so much with Flickr and doing the tagging, I felt I had already learned about tagging but as always, there was more to learn! I just added some tags to my Flickr blog. I really hadn't paid too much attention to the labels option at the bottom.



Now the Del.icio.us site really sounds appealing for me since I do some of my work at home on a Windows machine, a lot of my work in my office at school and then again, I have the teacher workstation in the lab and the computer that runs my SMART Board. Sometimes I have found a cool web site and then had to try to find it again since I was on another computer. I think I'm going to like this!

O.K. Now I've created my own Del.icio.us account. I've added all my bookmarks from home. Now I just need to get all the ones from school. I have always had my bookmarks in folders so I don't have to look through them all so the tagging thing is new to me. I kept on looking for how to organize them but I guess if I tag them well, that will do it. I did the easy import - big mistake because I ended up getting a whole bunch of my family's bookmarks as well and had to delete a whole bunch from my Del.icio.us account.

No comments: